Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lazy Sunday Service


June is set to be a busy month of work travel.  I'm off to Aberystwyth this coming week to externally examine at the university, the following week I'm in Iceland, and the week after I'm in Durham.  I haven't yet bought my reading for Iceland, but I'm thinking of Michael Ridpath's 'Where the Shadows Lie' and Arni Thorarinsson's 'Season of the Witch' - good choices?  (I've read books in the past by Arnaldur Indridason, Yrsa Sigurdardottir and Quentin Bates, so looking to try new authors). 

My posts this week:

Review of Behind the Battle by Ralph Bennett
The value of the Humanities and Social Sciences
Review of Death of a Nationalist by Rachel Pawel
Irish exchequer tax receipts 2000-2012 data viz
Once in Another World
Academic and social media: opportunities, challenges and risks
Fearing rejection

No comments: